College-Wide General Education Outcomes
Students will demonstrate effective communication skills through oral, reading, written, and digital formats in a professional setting.
Students will engage in critical and creative thinking through inquiry, qualitative, and quantitative analysis and through integrative learning in order to identify and solve problems in real world, professional applications.
Students will demonstrate awareness and understand the significance of cultural knowledge and diversity, ethical reasoning, and social responsibility from both a local and global perspective.
Students will demonstrate the ability to locate, identify, evaluate, disseminate, and use relevant information responsibly to address problems in a variety of media and contexts.
- Students will be able to evaluate safety concerns and practice using appropriate PPE required to stay safe.
- Students will be able to analyze how different spacecraft systems work together to achieve mission success.
- Students will be able to construct mechanical installations using various tools.
- Students will understand electrical theory and be able to apply theory to practice.
- Students will understand how materials behave and practice processes that manipulate material characteristics.
- Students will be able to inspect & measure mechanical and electrical components with tight tolerances.
Business (Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Business Administration, Hotel Restaurant Tourism)
- Students demonstrate the ability to gather relevant information from multiple sources and evaluate data from various sources and disciplines within business studies.
- Students demonstrate and apply basic ethical strategies for effectively managing and operating a business.
- Students demonstrate the ability to work in teams.
- Students apply verbal and presentation skills using appropriate technology while demonstrating the ability to properly use business terminology.
Care and Development of Young Children
- Students demonstrate consistent competence and professionalism as an educator of young children.
- Students effectively apply the principles of developmentally appropriate practice in planning and practice.
- Students effectively deal with common occurrences in an early childhood setting independently or with minimal assistance from a professional educator.
- Students communicate effectively with children and adults in an early childhood setting.
- Students demonstrate respect for children, both individually and as a group.
- Students demonstrate a mastery of food service sanitation concepts and practices.
- Students exhibit a positive work ethic, including efficiently using time.
- Students use professional cooking and baking procedures, equipment, and terminology to adequately meet industry standards.
- Students demonstrate the essential food-management skills of effective purchasing and cost control.
Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic
- Students demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, analyze, and evaluate information relevant to his or her role as an entry-level EMT/Paramedic, as defined by the U.S. Department of Transportation National Standard Curriculum goals and objectives.
- Students demonstrate technical proficiency in all the skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry-level EMT/Paramedic.
- Students demonstrate personal behavior consistent with professional employer expectations for entry-level EMT/Paramedic.
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Students demonstrate an understanding of thermodynamics, psychometrics, and electrical theory as related to refrigeration systems. The students will be able to use this knowledge to design and repair refrigeration systems.
- Students demonstrate the ability to safely and effectively use tools and equipment required for repairing and installation of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of and recognize components used in refrigeration systems. Students will know the function, construction, location, and interaction of these components in refrigeration systems.
- Students obtain E.P.A. Type I and Type II Refrigerant Certification.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of safety, health, and environmental policy and exhibit this behavior. Students apply safe work practices.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the maintenance and operation of process equipment. Students apply the reasoning behind proper equipment line up, safety, and process concerns while operating process equipment.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the technical aspects of the process technology. Students apply skills and knowledge systems and troubleshooting ability.
- Students communicate clearly, effectively, and concisely in both verbal and written form, including the ability to interpret and carry out SOP and EOP.
- Students demonstrate and apply the following work ethics:
- Quality of work,
- Work attitude,
- Human Relations Skills.
Medical Office Management
- Students use proper medical terms.
- Students evaluate the administration of medical organizations.
- Students demonstrate managerial skills.
- Students demonstrate accurate CPT.
- Students demonstrate accurate ICD-10.
- Nursing students demonstrate knowledge of scientific principles & application of critical thinking skills in the provision of care to clients.
- Nursing students consistently demonstrate cultural sensitivity in considering the ethnic, socioeconomic, & life experiences of clients in providing care.
- Nursing students demonstrate safety & proficiency in the performance of basic nursing skills and medication administration.
- Nursing students demonstrate personal behavior consistent with professional employee expectations for entry-level LPN.
- Nursing students demonstrate knowledge of content appropriate for entry-level LPN as defined by LBPNE (La. State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners).
- Students function effectively in an office/court environment.
- Students demonstrate the requisite written skills to communicate effectively in the legal community.
- Students effectively draft various legal pleadings and transaction documents.
- Students demonstrate the ability to use appropriate technology in performing legal research.
- Students demonstrate critical reasoning skills by analyzing laws and legal opinions.
- Students identify ethical issues that occur in the legal environment.
Patient Care Technician
- Students communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening, reading, and interpersonal skills in both the classroom and clinical setting.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and legal responsibilities.
- Students apply infection control guidelines including techniques for maintaining isolation.
- Students exhibit critical thinking and problem-solving skills to locate, analyze, and apply information in career planning and employment.
- Students model work readiness traits required for success in the workplace including integrity, honesty, accountability, punctuality, time management and respect for diversity.
- Teacher candidates demonstrate knowledge of content appropriate for elementary teachers defined by the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Teacher candidates communicate effectively with adults and children.
- Teacher candidates use hardware, software, e-mail, and web-based resources and apply these to the educational situation.
- Teacher candidates identify education career options and set a personal professional goal along with plans for achieving it.
- Students practice safety in welding shop with tools and equipment.
- Students complete the American Welding Society student preparation.
- Students weld a bend test within industry standards.
- Students exhibit exemplary work ethics.