The Instrumentation Technician Program provides classroom and hands on training that allows students to develop the knowledge and skills to successfully perform the tasks required of an entry level Instrument Fitter and Technician.
Instrument Fitters and technicians perform key installation and maintenance functions across several industries and are trained in piping, tubing, fasteners, and working with metal production. Instrumentation technicians and fitters must be familiar with electrical systems, craft-specific drawings and must be experts in the hand and power tools specific to their trade.
The Student Learning Outcomes for this program are:
- Apply knowledge of instrumentation components in their function in industrial processes.
- Describe process control.
- Identify various methods of controlling instrumentation in industry.
- Apply knowledge of electrical fundamentals in its use in instrumentation.
Four exit points are included:
- Career and Technical Certificate- Instrumentation Skills
- Certificate of Technical Studies - Instrumentation Helper
- Certificate of Technical Studies - NCCER Instrumentation - Advanced
- Technical Diploma - NCCER Instrumentation and Electrical
- Associate of Applied Science - Instrumentation
For information on non-credit/workforce training Instrumentation courses at Nunez Community College, visit https://www.nunez.edu/workforce/index