Students who intend to transfer into a Teacher Education program at a four-year university should consider the Associate of Applied Science in Teaching (Grades 1-5). Many of students who transfer into four-year teaching programs are able to work as paraprofessionals (assistant teachers) or substitutes using their associate degree while they continue their studies.
The Student Learning Outcome for this program are:
- Teacher candidates demonstrate knowledge of content appropriate for elementary teachers defined by the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Teacher candidates communicate effectively with adults and children.
- Teacher candidates use hardware, software, e-mail, and web-based resources and apply these to the educational situation.
- Teacher candidates identify education career options and set a personal professional goal along with plans for achieving it.
- Associate of Science, Teaching (Grades 1-5)