The Associate of Science in Teaching program provides high-quality foundational coursework designed to produce teacher candidates for university colleges of education. This program is aligned with the state reform efforts and the alaureate degree design Focus is on elementary grades 1st through 5th. Completion requirements for this program are as follows:
- Complete a background check that meets all state-identified regulations to interact with children prior to site-based experiences
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or higher in all required program courses to ensure transferability.
- Teacher candidates demonstrate knowledge of content appropriate for elementary teachers defined by the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Teacher candidates communicate effectively with adults and children.
- Teacher candidates use hardware, software, email, and web-based resources and apply these to the educational situation.
- Teacher candidates will identify education career options and set a personal professional goal with plans for achieving it.
|ENGL 1010||English Composition I||3|
|ENGL 1020||English Composition II||3|
|ENGL 2210||Major American Writers||3|
|ENGL 2020||Survey of English LiteratureII||3|
|BIOL 1060||Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIOL 1070||Principles of Biology I Lab||1|
|BIOL 1080||Principles of Biology II||3|
|PHSC 1000||Physical Science||3|
|PHSC 1100||Physical Science I Lab||1|
|PHSC 1200||Physical Science II||3|
|PHSC 1300||Physical Science II Lab||1|
|MATH 1300||College Algebra||3|
|MATH 1600||Elementary Number Structures||3|
|MATH 1630||Elem Geometry & Statistics||3|
|Fine Arts Elective|
|Fine Arts Elective||3|
|HIST 1510||World History II||3|
|HIST 2010||American History to 1865||3|
|POLI 1100||American Government||3|
|GEOG 1200||World Regional Geography||3|
|TEAC 2010||Teac. & Learn. in Diver. Set.1||3|
|TEAC 2030||Teac. & Learn. in Div. Set. 2||3|