The Patient Care Technicians program prepares students for careers in healthcare settings. Patient Care Technicians provide direct care and support administrative needs. Career and Technical Certificates in EKG Technology and Phlebotomy can be completed as a part of this program or as stand-alone credentials.
The Student Learning Outcomes for this programs are:
- Students communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening, reading, and interpersonal skills in both the classroom and clinical setting.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and legal responsibilities.
- Students apply infection control guidelines including techniques for maintaining isolation.
- Students exhibit critical thinking and problem-solving skills to locate, analyze, and apply information in career planning and employment.
- Students model work readiness traits required for success in the workplace including integrity, honesty, accountability, punctuality, time management and respect for diversity.
- Career and Technical Certificate, Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician
- Career and Technical Certificate, Phlebotomy
- Certificate of Technical Studies, Patient Care Technician
EKG Technicians work in healthcare facilities with other health care professionals and specialize in electrocardiogram (EKG) testing for patients.
Phlebotomists draw blood from patients and take the blood specimens to the laboratory for testing.