The Welding Program at Nunez Community College is committed to providing our student-welders with the necessary skills to earn welding certifications with the American Welding Society, the leading standard in the welding field and most recognized and required by employers. We offer basic training for entry-level positions, advanced training for those who want to become a fully certified combo welder, and supplemental training for those who are already in the workforce and need to add to their portfolios. Nunez is fully invested in the success of our students and assist in job placement following completion of the program. Comprehensive safety training is our number one priority here, and we aim to instill this value in our students to take with them when they leave us to join the workforce.
The Student Learning Outcomes for this program are:
- Students learn and practice industrial safety rules and regulations at OSHA standards.
- Students learn and practice: using industrial tools; cutting metal; prepping metal for fabrication; setting up and properly using welding machinery; and how to prep for and pass a bend test for welding certification.
- Students learn and practice the skills necessary to successfully weld at industry standards in all levels of SMAW, MIG, Flux-core, TIG, Open Root, and Pipe welding.
- Students are given the opportunity to test with an American Welding Society inspector for certification at the end of each term.
- Career and Technical Certificate, Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Certificate of Technical Studies, Intermediate Welding
- Technical Diploma, Combo Welder
For information on non-credit/workforce training Welding courses at Nunez Community College, visit https://www.nunez.edu/workforce/index