The Process Technology (PTEC Concentration) program prepares graduates to work as process technicians in refineries, chemical plants, and related industries. Program Outcomes:
- Safety, Health, and Environment-Student demonstrates an understanding of the safety, health, and environmental policy and exhibits this behavior. Applies safe work practices.
- Mechanical Aptitude-Student demonstrates an understanding of the maintenance and operation of process equipment. Applies the reasoning behind proper equipment line up, safety, and process concerns while operating process equipment.
- Technical Ability-Student demonstrates an understanding of the technical aspects of the process technology. Applies skills and knowledge systems and troubleshooting ability.
- Communication-Student demonstrates and applies communicating clearly, effectively, and concisely in both verbal and written form, including the ability to interpret and carry out SOP and EOP.
- Work Ethics-Student demonstrates and applies the following work ethics:
- Quality of work
- Work attitude
- Human Relations Skills
|General Education Requirements|
|ENGL 1010||English Composition I 1||3|
|MATH 1300||College Algebra||3|
|Humanities Elective 2||3|
|CHEM 1100||General Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 1110||General Chemistry I Laboratro||1|
|PHYS 1100||General Physics I||3|
|or PHSC 1000||Physical Science|
|PHYS 1110||General Physics I Laboratory||1|
|or PHSC 1100||Physical Science I Lab|
|or ECON 2020||Macroeconomics|
|Major Courses 3|
|PTEC 1010||Intro to Process Technology||3|
|INDT 1030||Industrial & Plant Safety||3|
|PTEC 1330||Process Instrumentation||2|
|PTEC 1331||Process Instrumentation Lab||2|
|PTEC 1630||Process Equipment||2|
|PTEC 1631||Process Equipment Lab||2|
|INDT 2070||Quality Control||3|
|PTEC 2420||Process Technology II:Systems||3|
|PTEC 2421||Process Tech II: Systems Lab||1|
|PTEC 2430||Process Tech III: Operations||2|
|PTEC 2431||Process Tech III:OperationsLab||2|
|PTEC 2630||Fluid Mechanics||3|
|PTEC 2440||Process Troubleshooting||3|
|PTEC 2910||Process Technology Internship||3|
|Enrichment Courses 4|
|BUSN 1150||Survey of Microcomputer App||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Job Readiness Skills|
Must earn a grade of “C” or better.
HIST 1042 History of Oil preferred.
Must earn a grade of “C” or better in each. At least eighteen (18) credit hours must be earned in residence.
Electives must be selected with advisor.